Ram stealth box wiring/amp choice

Participant count
  • Participant list

xshellshock

CT
I just purchased 2 stealthboxes for my 2002 ram 2500. The one in the front contains a jl 12w3 and the rear contains two jl 10w1 subs. Both boxes are wired at 4 ohms. I'd like to run both boxes off of one amp if possible.

As of right now I have 2 jl 300/4 amps which were used by the previous owner to run the subs. I'm not quite sure how he would have wired them up though to maximize power. Can you use these amps in their 2 channel mode and bridge the two channels?

If not I've been looking at a rockford fosgate p10002, which would net me 250 watts per box. I like this amp, but I feel like its wasting a lot of power since the boxes are at 4 ohms.

Last question is if I were to wire the two boxes in parallel by running two sets of wiring out of the amplifier outputs would that work? would it put my set up at 2 ohms and thus increasing the output of whatever amplifier I choose? Or is this just a bad idea to do. Thanks in advance.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.