Radio straight wired electrical issues

Participant count
  • Participant list
I am talking about the oem factory harness that was originally cut into. Would be interesting to see pictures of all of it just for the heck of it. Sounds like the wires are not connected correctly.

I am talking about the oem factory harness that was originally cut into. Would be interesting to see pictures of all of it just for the heck of it. Sounds like the wires are not connected correctly.

Attachments

• 52790DFD-94EA-4168-B8D7-B624C2295C80.jpeg
    52790DFD-94EA-4168-B8D7-B624C2295C80.jpeg
    727.9 KB · Views: 56
Usually hard wiring isn't the thing to do. It looks like you have two different harness clips there. There are radio harnesses that connect those two clips together correctly. If it's not a fuse, I bet something there isn't connected correctly. You gotta be very careful hard wiring like that. You can really damage some stuff, if you give something power or a ground that isn't supposed to have it.

Usually hard wiring isn't the thing to do. It looks like you have two different harness clips there. There are radio harnesses that connect those two clips together correctly. If it's not a fuse, I bet something there isn't connected correctly. You gotta be very careful hard wiring like that. You can really damage some stuff, if you give something power or a ground that isn't supposed to have it.
Ok I think that might be where the issue is, I really have no idea on how to wire things so I let my friend do it. As far as I remember in the new wiring harness there was not a ground so he tested all the wires and found one that wasn’t getting power so he used a butt connector to run the ground wire from the radio to that wire.

Ok I think that might be where the issue is, I really have no idea on how to wire things so I let my friend do it. As far as I remember in the new wiring harness there was not a ground so he tested all the wires and found one that wasn’t getting power so he used a butt connector to run the ground wire from the radio to that wire.

Hmmm, I really think you should rewire that whole thing, honestly. Sometimes it's just best to start fresh.

Yeah the first thing I noticed was the ground. I would rewire that whole thing as buck said and I would ground it to someplace behind the dash. Has to be a spot to do it. That looks like a Jeep/Chrysler harness to me and I've had jeeps before and there was always a spot to ground to.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

jcole52

CarAudio.com Recruit
jcole52
USA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views