Rad Engine Swap

*sigh*...............................

Im sorry..........but I hate rice burners.

And seeing a rice burner with a wholesome american LS1 engine in it............just disgusts me.

For those of you with daughters.......think of it as this.

You raise her to be a good girl with morals and one day she comes home pregnant. The dad is a wigger with clothes 10x too big for him and he has pubs growing from his chin. And as you stand there in shock, he pulls this line out of his ass "Yo dawg, its gon be aight main. I got dis. Look, I got me a job werkin at Dairy Freeze. She gon be aight."

Thats when you beat the living f*ck out of him.

Ok, kinda a bad similie but you can **** me off ,,|,,

Swaps in focus's are sweet. I jsut got my stroker kit so my 302 is gonna be a 450 rwhp focus.
uh...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/bsflag.gif.21f42eccd34b7d1eb1608fb1b59b69c3.gif

*sigh*...............................
Im sorry..........but I hate rice burners.

And seeing a rice burner with a wholesome american LS1 engine in it............just disgusts me.
you sir, are a redneck

you sir, are a redneck
And what justifies that?

You sir, are a stereotype.

All I said was that it disgusts me. God forbid anyone say anything negative about your favorite car, but by god you will pounce on the first person who does.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

What makes him a redneck? The simple fact that he hates riced out piles of **** with good engines? Thats not sleeper, thats just bull ****...
x2

Swaps in focus's are sweet. I jsut got my stroker kit so my 302 is gonna be a 450 rwhp focus.
uhmm... NOT

Getting 450rwhp outta 346 cubes N/A is not the easiest thing in the world, but not the hardest. Theres gonna be a lotta stress on the engine...let alone your block will soon break in half..

5.0's blocks arent exactly incredibly sturdy once you hit mid 400'srwhp range.

Originally Posted by Mr. NipplesSwaps in focus's are sweet. I jsut got my stroker kit so my 302 is gonna be a 450 rwhp focus.
uh...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/bsflag.gif.21f42eccd34b7d1eb1608fb1b59b69c3.gif

That's not necessarily BS.

I've got a 400 Horse (302 CID)GT-40 Cobra Engine under the hood of my cougar right now.

I also know of a few cars with built up 302's and one in particular with a blown 306 that push over 500 Horse at the wheels.

Ford Racing even sells a direct 347 (302 Block) Crate Engine that pulls 450 HP right out of the box.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=6531

5.0's blocks arent exactly incredibly sturdy once you hit mid 400'srwhp range.

Depends on the engine design and builder.

Also helps to have a reasonably intelligent driver....... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Depends on the engine design and builder.

Also helps to have a reasonably intelligent driver....... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Im talking completely stock blocks. No boring or cryo or anything.

That's not necessarily BS.
I've got a 400 Horse (302 CID)GT-40 Cobra Engine under the hood of my cougar right now.

I also know of a few cars with built up 302's and one in particular with a blown 306 that push over 500 Horse at the wheels.

Ford Racing even sells a direct 347 (302 Block) Crate Engine that pulls 450 HP right out of the box.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=6531
You are talking about either blown 5.0's, or bhp hp. I am calling BS on a 450whp 347 from a 302. Thats got to be a 500hp 347 N/A...

Im talking completely stock blocks. No boring or cryo or anything.

You are talking about either blown 5.0's, or bhp hp. I am calling BS on a 450whp 347 from a 302. Thats got to be a 500hp 347 N/A...
Strangely enough I agree with marley.

I eat/sleep/breathe ford, and getting 400+ rwhp out of a 347 stroker n/a is hard to accomplish on a streetable setup that uses the regular ol' 302 smallblock. The 347 you listed uses the newer sportsman block, supposedly more rugged than the older 302's that used to come stock in the mustang GT.

Now, that's not to say 400 hp is hard to make on the 347........ it's just that it's hard to make that kind of power RELIABLY using no power adders.

If he has alot of mods that he's not telling us about...... it's quite possible however.

Side note: I've decided not to mod my car for performance anymore, I'm just going to wait and save some cash until I can afford an 04 cobra. Gonna be a while, but if I get this setup it will be well worth the wait. I have a build in mind...... swap a whipple on it and go all forged... crank, pistons, etc., a nice aeromotive fuel system with some msd digital... heh keep dreaming right?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.