"static" sound coming from speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

mstrawser9

Before i go ahead and take the doors off, and go through what was THE HARDEST part of installing anything in my car again...i just wanted to know if any of you knew the answer...

I installed my 1st system about 6 months ago(thanks to all the help from people on here--i have no idea what my name on here was) and it was working great...everything was perfect!

i have a Pioneer premier 590ib, with 4 pioneer TS-A6881R 4-way door speakers(6x8). they are only connected to my HU, no amp.

I have my ground wire connected to a pre-existing ground wire from the stock wiring, so that should be good. (just fyi, i also have 2 kicker 12" subs, connected to a pioneer amp--not the best, but does the job...this is still working great)

anyway, it started in my back left speaker...now i hear it coming out of the right side as well, not sure which one or both...

the "static" noise only comes in when someone sings a little higher pitched--or a guitar hits some higher notes. It isn't actually static, because there is no noise when its quiet. i'm hoping the tweeters in the speakers aren't bad--

has anyone had anything like this? when i turn the volume up REALLY high(40+) it goes away...but anything lower than that i can hear it.

Before i go ahead and take the doors off, and go through what was THE HARDEST part of installing anything in my car again...i just wanted to know if any of you knew the answer...
I installed my 1st system about 6 months ago(thanks to all the help from people on here--i have no idea what my name on here was) and it was working great...everything was perfect!

i have a Pioneer premier 590ib, with 4 pioneer TS-A6881R 4-way door speakers(6x8). they are only connected to my HU, no amp.

I have my ground wire connected to a pre-existing ground wire from the stock wiring, so that should be good. (just fyi, i also have 2 kicker 12" subs, connected to a pioneer amp--not the best, but does the job...this is still working great)

anyway, it started in my back left speaker...now i hear it coming out of the right side as well, not sure which one or both...

the "static" noise only comes in when someone sings a little higher pitched--or a guitar hits some higher notes. It isn't actually static, because there is no noise when its quiet. i'm hoping the tweeters in the speakers aren't bad--

has anyone had anything like this? when i turn the volume up REALLY high(40+) it goes away...but anything lower than that i can hear it.
sounds like the amplifier in the head unit is failing. Ive seen pioneers do this, ive got a AVH flipout on my desk right now thats doing it too. Now it might be a low voltage situation, id check and see if the head unit is truely getting at least 12 volts to it at all times. Otherwise, might be time to try out that warranty card.

so how do i check...

take the HU out, take my volt meter and put one on the ground...the other on the power?

...that would be some seriously gay **** if my $200 HU took a **** 6 months after i bought it. its a nice ****ing HU too!

thanks for the help, appreciate it!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.