quick question

Participant count
  • Participant list

mwokram
10+ year member

NYC
I have an MTX thunder 4 channel amp connected to two sets of components with the gain set to almost half way for both comps. For a good while I would be able to bump it at louder volumes with no problems at all, but lately it seems like if I go up to the louder volumes the amp shuts off and cuts off all of the components. Also when i would lower the volume it would be able to turn on and work fine.

So I am just wondering what could be causing this? I'm wondering if it may be from the heat since it would never do this at decent temperatures, but would there be any other causes of this to check out besides the wiring? thanks

I have an MTX thunder 4 channel amp connected to two sets of components with the gain set to almost half way for both comps. For a good while I would be able to bump it at louder volumes with no problems at all, but lately it seems like if I go up to the louder volumes the amp shuts off and cuts off all of the components. Also when i would lower the volume it would be able to turn on and work fine.
So I am just wondering what could be causing this? I'm wondering if it may be from the heat since it would never do this at decent temperatures, but would there be any other causes of this to check out besides the wiring? thanks
Are you running it in 4-channel mode, or do you have it bridged to 2-channel?
Also, if you adjust fade and balance to one speaker at a time, does it still cut out?

hrm... my mtx amps seem to perform better when they have been sitting in the sun in my trunk.

impedance is right? 4ch mode as said above?

what amp is it?

It is a mtx thunder 7804. and yes it is connected and running in 4 channel mode. Would 4 channel or bridged 2 channel make much of a difference?

The fade and balance thing i have not tried yet, i had done it about a month ago when the amp was cutting off at far lower volumes at about 15 or 20 and figured out that the wire on my back passenger side component was touching the metal of the speaker or something?? lol sorry I'm not too sure on the exact term but after putting a piece of cardboard in between ,it seemed to have solved that problem but that doesn't seem to be the problem this time.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.