quick question..

ugs92
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Aight a buddy of mine has a 2007 pontiac G6 and he wants to get a HU installed in his car but the thing is his stock radio tells him everything like how much gas he has and other stuff..is it possible to upgrade while still having these options?

Best bet is to ask the car company manufacturer at a local dealer, either they wont have a clue, or will know 100%. Most HUs (im sure some are exempt) dont display such information, but I am thinking some may, but of course you will need a special wiring harness and such.

That doesnt solve the initial problem. That allows us to put a aftermarket HU on it, but still wont give us the displays he wanted without a HU that can support it. Unless im missing something...

Consider asking someone at a garage or with a lot of experience to look at it. They may be able to mount a HU somewhere else, and take the radio wiring harness from the main display, to only the HU. It may be possible, and with a little custom work, it could look good. You would of course have to ask a garage technician or someone of the sort though.

Otherwise, sorry...

That doesnt solve the initial problem. That allows us to put a aftermarket HU on it, but still wont give us the displays he wanted without a HU that can support it. Unless im missing something...
It says right there in that product description, that the bottom menu will display tire pressure, gas level & etc. did you read it?

I'm actually selling exactly what he needs...it keeps the Driver information center and comes with the harness, dashkit, and antenna adaptor. I'm asking $100 for it. Brand new in the box!!

Here is a pic:

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.