quick question.

Participant count
  • Participant list
Basically, ported is ideal for getting loud and spl. Sealed is punchier and maintains better sound quality.

And for the amp kit, basically go as big as you can afford. And try to look for a quality name brand. Stinger is pretty good from what I hear.

thanks for all the help. would you recommend a new amp kit. i mean its from wal mart and its rated at 1400 watts. what would you do? do you think it will help out?

whats spl mean?

I dont really think its an issue of what its "rated" for. Rather, you want to look at the wire gauge and name brand of the wire. Personally, I would upgrade my wiring if I were you. But don't get the walmart brand again. Go to an actual car audio shop and look at their products.

SPL stands for sound pressure level. Its what you feel in your chest when the bass hits.

well, spl is exactly what im looking for. i want to feel it in my chest.

i wanted to let you know i really thank you for all the help. now would you buy a gauge thats good for 1900 or 2000 watts?

and, i was looking at kicker amp kits when they say for example 1000 watts do they mean peak or rms?

So basically, I would check the wiring and all the fuses before I went out and bought anything. Then I would shorten the grounds by about 6 inches to a foot, however much you can really. You want there to be "some" slack for just in case... But the grounds should be fine, Ive learned that 3ft is acceptable. But as for making sure the grounds are good, make sure its connected to bare ass metal. Take a dremel tool to the the surface if you have to.

Now, as for the wiring kit, I would prioratize getting a new box over getting a new kit. 4g isnt all that bad. It will suffice seeing as how I doubt its the problem.

Then if its not wire, fuse, ground, or the box, I have no idea in hell.

haha, ok. i mean with this box i can feel it in my chest a little bit. but with a ported box between 2.0 and 3.25 cubic feet knock the hell out of me?

Once again, I doubt the amp kit is the issue. As I mentioned, 4g isnt all the horrible, Im still running 10g unfortunately. That should change come saturday though.

But if you are that concerned about it and have some serious cash laying around, just get a 1/0 wire gauge kit from a good name like Kicker and you will be set for life on wire as long as you dont make additions.

Oh, also with ported boxes, generally the higher the volume of the box, the more kick it will give you. And I would make it around 35-38hz.

yea, no. i dont have to much cash. i have a nice 335.00 dollar ticket. none of its speeding. its cuz of music, window tint and, the cop seriously tried to clain i dont have a rear bumper. and, i do. i tried telling him but he interrupted me with a shut up.

thanks again for the help.

Well, in that case, I would say dont worry about the wire and concentrate on the box. If you can make it yourself, should only cost about $20-60, depending on how many boards you use.

And there is an abundance of people who can help you specifically with the box in the enclosure section.

And no problem at all.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.