quick question.

Participant count
  • Participant list

m4i2k2e2
10+ year member

this is my chin bank
ma
i have a 1998 dodge ram sport model. now, im pushing my l7 with a zx750.1. i also have a zx200.4 it doesnt seem that loud, nor is my meter in my dash moving. my friends dash meter goes nuts and hes putting out less power than me. but his stuff sounds louder. could my alt be restricting my amps from getting the power they need or? neither one of us are running caps. i mean my lights dont even dim. i know this is a good thing. but, because it doesnt seem loud i didnt know if dodge had some wiring type deal going on.

box- 1 cubic foot sealed.

wiring kit- wal mart special, 1400 watt peak dual amp kit.

my sub is 1500 peak and my speaker amp is 400 peak. could this be it?

to be honest, my gain is up half and so is the bass boost. i dont know how to set it correctly. it would be awsome if you could explain.

i did, its grounded very well. also i have a ground from my zx750.1 grounded to the body of the truck and, the zx200.4 to the body. do i need a distribution block or can i ground them sepertly? like one wire on the right side of the body floor and one to the left? as in, there not connected. or is the way i did it fine?

Well, as long as your amp is not kicking into protection mode, its probably fine.

Can you describe how the subs are acting? Do they play at all, do they make any wierd noises, etc.

its not. its just that, ive heard so many stories about how powerful this amp is. and it just doesnt impress me at all. do you think its the box. i also have a wiring kit from wal mart (haha, i know). its 1400 watts peak my amp is 1500 peak. im not running a cap. so?

First of all, caps are virtually useless. Just search for more on those.

What gauge is the wiring? And with 1400w, you should DEFINENTLY feel something even if its a crappy box.

Still curious about how the subs sound when they play.

seeing how ur box is 1.0cuft is it prefab im gunna say get a bigger box search or gain setting on the forum make sure ur headunit is setup right IE eqs and what not are set right

the wire is 4 gauge. i edited the main post so you can read about the kit there.

the subs have a weird vibration noise at high levels. which i havent figured out yet. the screws dont tighted down on the box. plus the wire in the box is long. so maybe that is touching the cone when it goes in further and out further at high levels.

i mean, i can feel a little something in my chest but not much.

should i be getting a dual amp kit rated for 1900 watts peak because i have 1500 watts peak plus 400 watts peak for the speaker amp?

I would definently suggest getting a new box. Either build it yourself or get someone who knows how to for you. And since it appears you are trying to get loud, definently go ported.

Also, now that you mention wires again, how long are your ground wires? Also, check all your fuses, Ive gone through many hours of misery before just to find that I blew a fuse.

I think your amp is just fine. Im running 2 10's off a 500w mono and I get plenty of bump.

I also dont think its your alternator or battery. I recently just found out that my alternator AND my battery were dead at the same time and my system bumped every last second till my car died.

my grounds are 2- 3 feet.

what about my amp kit question? should i be getting something for 1900 watts? cuz if total is combined its 1900 watts.

and, whats your take sealed or ported. ive been doing research and i was think a long style ported box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.