Quick Question about tools

ra4u2nv
10+ year member

Jimmy Beef
Alamo, TX
Hey guys just have a quick question. I am looking forward to purchasing an air compressor, brad nailer and angle die grinder. So far I can get pretty good prices but my question is how big of a compressor do I purchase. I was looking at an 8 gallon-100psi. It will be used to make some speaker enclosures and other projects around the house. I am a tool freak I need to have all the tools I need because I do not like to borrow any. Do any of you guys know if the compressor is strong enough. The place where I want to purchase it had an employee with no clue of what I was talking about.

Thanks

Rick

i have a 80 gallon cambell hausfield. and i got it for 350 bux. i love it. if you get one to small it cuts out on you and you cant get anything done. i would say go with a 25-30 gallons should do ya. try harbor frieght there stuff is great for the price

I dont plan on using it a lot. The angle grinder mainly to sand when I plan on making a fiberglass enclosure b/c sanding by hand really *****

I would get the largest you can afford. With an 8 gallon tank your gonna have to stop every couple of minutes running the sander. Look at the ratings on the compressors and the tools you intend to use. Get as close of a match as possible. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

An air compressor is one of those things that can never be too big. For sanders, grinders, etc you'll need at least 5-6 hp (peak) and 25-30 gal tank. Basically, the biggest one that still has wheels and runs on 120V. If you ever want to spraypaint with a HVLP gun, even that would be too small. Believe me, I know.

Get the 33 gallon Craftsman compressor if all you have it 110-115 volt outlet.

If you have 220 volt available, go to Home Depot or Lowes and get a 2 stage compressor.

8 gallon will NOT work with the air sander. It will allow 2 minutes of sanding and 4 minutes waiting for it to build up to use again for 2 minutes.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.