Quick question about amp to speaker wiring

Participant count
  • Participant list

markml0528

I went into a local car audio shop today he said that if I don't care about fade, and just want to be able to adjust left and right channel, that I can just use two channels for my front door speakers and my rear deck speakers, and then bridge the last two channels for a sub if I wanted. Is this correct?

Looking at Pioneer GM-D8604. It does 4 ohms: 100 watts x 4 chan, 2 ohms: 150 watts x 4 chan.

So I hook up my two front door speakers (75 RMS each) to one channel, and my two rear deck speakers (100 RMS each) to another channel, and then if I wanted to I could bridge the remaining two channels for a sub?

This doesn't make sense to me. The amp can only put out 150 watts per channel. The two front door speakers will pull 150, and the two rear decks will be pulling 200... either way the amp will be maxed out.

Your speakers don't "pull power" they use what the amp puts out, technically yes you can use a 4 channel for 4 speakers and a sub, but they all have to run on the same ohm level, so if you want to hook up 4 speakers to 2 channels they are most likely going to be 4 ohm speakers and you have 2 per channel so they'll have to be wired to 2 ohms per channel, with this being said you are going to have to bridge your last channel and when you bridge you can only bridge to a minimum of 4 ohms... I suggest only one speaker per channel and one sub on the last 2 channels bridged...

Wire both left speakers to the amp's left front channel and both right speakers to the right channel. You won't be able to adjust the volume between front & rear, so if the rear speakers are louder than the front you'll hafta live with it.

My preference would be amp the fronts and leave the rears on HU power.

Okay one last question then. I'll leave the rear decks powered by the HU. I'll have the front door speakers, Infinity Reference 6030cs which are 2 ohms 75 watt RMS, hooked up to the first two channels. And then could I just bridge the last two channels for an amp?

It's the Pioneer GM D8604, which does 100 RMS x 4 @ 4 ohms, 150 RMS x 4 @ 2 ohms. So does this mean that the last two channels, bridged, would be capable of 300 RMS?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.