Quick question about agu fuse and alt.

HellyHans
10+ year member

Montreal
Hi, well I checked my alternator and it's rated at 70amp's.

Now my dilema is.. is it worth it to spend the extra 20$ on a ANL type fuse and holder and put a 120 or 100 amp fuse in it.. or just get the less expensive AGU type fuse and holder and put a 80 amp fuse in there since my alt can only give 70

Not that iam cheap.. but just in wiring its going to cost be about 100$, so if I can save here and there.. it helps

Thanks

oups sorry... 4 ga to the back.. and iam running an orion hcca 225 amp for the sub at 1ohm.. so about 450 RMS at 30 amps draw.. and another alpine amp for about 25 amp draw

so iam guessing...if my alt doesnt do more than 70 amps... its not worth it to spend the extra cash on higher rated holders and fuses.. since the system would only do max 70 amps right?

i assume this is for the big 3? if so i would personally do it 1/0 gauge. you can get an anl fuse holder for $20 and under.
No, its not for the big 3..

Its for the main fuse after the battery for my power wire that is going to me dist. block in the back for my 2 amps..

I was thinking.. since my alt can only do 70 amps... I should be fine with a 80 amp fuse and a AGU type fuse holder which is more about 3/4 price of a ANL fuse holder..

ANL fuses are rated for 80 amp and up until like 750...so iam just trying to save here and there... but i think ill just get the dam anl with a 125 amp fuse

you need to get a fuse rated for the 4 gauge wiring. I have 0/1 gauge running from my little as$ 60 amp alternator but have it fused with a 250A fuse going to the distro block and at the distro block i have each amp fused according to JL's specs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.