Quick Hifonics BXI2006D Question.

BDIDDY
10+ year member

Sittin' Slick
Tennessee
Do yall think it could be wired to .67 ohms...Or should I just get 3 Dual 2's and wire them to 1.33?

The subs will be 3 15" Type R's BTW...

I'm looking into hifonics because it's pretty cheap, and I also wanted one big amp to avoid having to make 3 different boxes...Gain Matching HA...I also thought that 400 was a pretty good deal on a amp this size...

Will that .33 make that much of a difference in wattage? I'm kind of tight with space so I want to make sure that my subs get EVERYTHING that they need...

Also, any other recommendations on an amp?...MAX would have to be 500 to my door...

Thanks.

decently, yes. and i have a hifonics bx2005d that i'd be willing to sell you, last years model of the amp. lmk if you're interested

How much?

I just want to make sure I can push these subs...

I'm sure you could get an orion 2500d or something along the same lines for 400ish shipped and it would definatly handle .67 and be a good match for 3 type r's.

Alright, well I searched some and came up with either the orion or the IA 20.1....

Thanks all for yalls help.

I guess I'm the person you wanna talk to. The bxi2006 will take .5 all day long without any problems. It will get hot, but that amp gets hot running at 1ohm. So to answer your question, yes that amp will be fine @ .67ohms. Like someone mentioned, there are many people using those bxi models on ROE. I have tested the bxi2006 and wired two d2 subs to .5ohms, never had a problem. My friend didn't know any better and maxed out his gain and his bassboost forever, but the amp never went into protect.

I guess I'm the person you wanna talk to. The bxi2006 will take .5 all day long without any problems. It will get hot, but that amp gets hot running at 1ohm. So to answer your question, yes that amp will be fine @ .67ohms. Like someone mentioned, there are many people using those bxi models on ROE. I have tested the bxi2006 and wired two d2 subs to .5ohms, never had a problem. My friend didn't know any better and maxed out his gain and his bassboost forever, but the amp never went into protect.

Alright, well that should solve my problem....

Will there be any increase in wattage due to the .37 more?

I was thinking probably not, I just wanted to get the most to the Type R's...

That's the problem with odd numbered amounts of speakers, it presents awkward impedance loads. My suggestion to you is to by another type R and pick up another Hifonics, if you insist on keeping your current Bxi. Option 2 is to sell the Hifonics and use that money to buy another type R and buy another amplifier capable of powering all the type Rs.

KthxBye

That's the problem with odd numbered amounts of speakers, it presents awkward impedance loads. My suggestion to you is to by another type R and pick up another Hifonics, if you insist on keeping your current Bxi. Option 2 is to sell the Hifonics and use that money to buy another type R and buy another amplifier capable of powering all the type Rs.
KthxBye

Well I'm going with 3 because thats just about all I can fit, ported...

I could go with 4 sealed but just don't have enough room, plus I wanted to go with ported anyways...

I maybe just save up another 100 bucks and get something around the 500 range...That would be able to forsure handle those subs...

I am going with 3 though, there's nothing around that.

Appreciate it though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.