Quick disconect for easy removal at the track?

Participant count
  • Participant list

jibberjive
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
SLC, UT
I'm putting a system in my car that I am going to be taking to the track, where obviously weight is important. I'm going to design it so that it's easily removable. I'm going to relocate my battery to my trunk, so I'm possibly looking for a quick disconnect fitting (or maybe terminal) of sorts to quickly take the power and ground wires at the battery as well as a quick-disconnect connection for the speaker wire either at the box itself or on the amp. BTW, this is going to be rather high powered (3000+ WRMS).

What have you guys seen/heard for any quick-disconnect fittings/terminals/methods etc? Banana clips?

I'm putting a system in my car that I am going to be taking to the track, where obviously weight is important. I'm going to design it so that it's easily removable. I'm going to relocate my battery to my trunk, so I'm possibly looking for a quick disconnect fitting (or maybe terminal) of sorts to quickly take the power and ground wires at the battery as well as a quick-disconnect connection for the speaker wire either at the box itself or on the amp. BTW, this is going to be rather high powered (3000+ WRMS).
What have you guys seen/heard for any quick-disconnect fittings/terminals/methods etc? Banana clips?
search. and i'm not saying that to be a dick. i think i made a topic on this like a year ago, and someone posted exactly what i was looking for, i just don't remember the link or anything. search "quick disconnect" and my thread should come up

The track? Your going to carry a 3kw amp around with you while you bet on horses?
Yeah, as collateral because I don't have any cash after my build.

...not:D I race my car on a road course.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.