Question . . .

Boyle465
10+ year member

Gettin Money
Alright, I just installed my new subs and amp and it just doesnt seem very loud for how much power i am putting to it... I have 2 Fi Q w/ bp power 2 ohm and a kicker zx2500... wired the subs 2 ohm and set the gains and everything...

also i connected both of my stock batteries with combined has 1500amps... Do you think i am just not getting enough power to my amp? Or any suggestions???

the amp hours double not the amps out put it might raise a bit but it wont double
That is wrong. I don't want to flood this thread about this, but when wiring in parallel, voltage is averaged (or stayed the same if the same voltage between sources) and current is added. When wiring in series, voltage is added, and current is averaged (or the same if the same amperage rating between sources).

The AH rating on a battery is directly related to how much current that battery can provide total. Take a 700 CA battery for example. If you dont use 700 amps, it will maintain a voltage longer. AH is rated at 25 amps/hour. So if you only use 25 amps, of course it is going to maintain a decent voltage for longer. It only makes sence that if the AH doubles, so does that total amperage output of the battery. Refer to an electronics book about wiring sources if you have any further doubts.

No doubt the subs are in a less then stellar enclosure, as is usually the problem with low output.

If voltage drop or ampere supply was the issue you would be experiencing the subs cutting out, the amp going into protect, and/or

lights dimming.

Im pretty sure i came to the conclusion that it is my battery... I dont think my amp is getting enough power to put out its full wattage... if that makes any sense...

Im pretty sure i came to the conclusion that it is my battery... I dont think my amp is getting enough power to put out its full wattage... if that makes any sense...
Def check your voltage with a DMM to make sure, but if you are getting no voltage drops, then it's most likely not your electrical system at all.

You still havnt told us your box specs...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.