Question regarding Taramps DS800x4

Participant count
  • Participant list

Garnell01

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello Everyone,

I received the DS800.4 yesterday from amazon.  I purchased a used one that said it hat cosmetic damage, but when i opened the box all of the wire terminals were pushed in to the point i could not access them.  I pried them out and hoped for the best.

Once i got it installed, it worked for 30 minutes then the sound began to cut in and out until there was no sound at all.  The power light turned off and the amp seems to be dead.

Would the pushed in terminals be the cause?  I did not want to open it up because i did not want to rip the void warranty sticker, plus i would have no idea what i was looking for anyways.

I contacted amazon and they are giving me a refund.  My dilemma is should i go with the same amp just brand new?  or purchase something else.  was considering the nvx jad800.4.

another question regarding the ds800.4, how do you fit the power wire into the terminal?!?!  It requires a 4 ga, which i replaced my 8 with a 4, but what can i use to get it to fit?  Every 4 ga fork terminal i have come across does not fit into the amp.  Also what gauge ground should i be running, i had a 8 ga wire connected to it?

Thanks in advance for any help

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.