Question regarding "switched" speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

k_schutte
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
OK, I'll try to keep this short and sweet. I am redoing my boat and adding a new sound system. I will be running components, simple enough. However, I am also going to be running some Pro Audio 6.5" up front, pointing toward the bow. Point being I need these to be switchable. So I can run just the components, just the PA or both components and PA

So, is there a certain kind of switch I should use or a certain way I should do this? I've found a few "speaker selector switches" but for some reason, they confuse me. LOL

get a 4 ch amp and power them ******* up. then you can just use the fade on the deck to control sound from speakers. plus boats are loud and the amp will help out a lot.

I've already got a 4-channel amp and I obviously don't want to just use the fade on the deck or I wouldn't have made this post. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif I got it all figured out though, I just had to make a quick trip down to my buddies shop and then to Radio Shack.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.