Question on subwoofer placement

Participant count
  • Participant list

Astyl
10+ year member

Car Audio Enthusiast
Bedford, NH
In need of some quick advice here guys..

I have a little starter system currently.. It is the dual 12" Kicker CVR in the preloaded ported matching kicker box with the vent on the side.. I drive an SUV... Chevy trailblazer.. And I keep hearing that sub up, port back is the loudest config for a suv...

Does this apply to the preloaded boxes as well? Should I put the box in sideways with the subs up and the port back.. Or should I do it usual style with the subs back and port firing to the side?

Thank You

Thats not always true. There is no "rule" on sub placement. Doesn't matter what sub, what box, what vehicle. Only way to know what you"ll like the most is to try facing it in different directions. Some suv's sound louder with sub up some with sub back. Test and tune.

Why would subs in the back sound the cleanest? Wouldn't that result in the most vibrations from the tailgate?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.