Question on Subwoofer Phase

but the wiring was right before so why is this so?

That's the thing....with wiring there is no "right". Only normal polarity and reversed polarity. What is "right" for your setup is whichever sounds best....which in your case seems to be reverse polarity.

And, as Jack said....the difference has to do with soundwave interaction.

As long as the wires you are tinkering with arent the power and ground cables.

you will be fine just reversing the speaker wires.

my sub sounds better when its out of phase as well..

Wow im going to give that a shot. And funny how today this guy at work who goes back to the old days of car audio was telling me it is bad to have your speaker polarity reversed because why would you want the sub to slam inward...haha

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.