Question On RCA's With A 4 Channel Amp

x2o
10+ year member

Fuzzy Blue Lights
Miami, FL
Okay, well I have a ZX350.4 and a set of PG RSD components. I want to run this amp bridged at 4ohms to get 175 x 2 @ 4ohm.

Problem I see is it's essentially 2 amps, so it has 2 sets of RCA inputs and 4 sets of speaker outputs.

The problem is how can I do the RCA's so it only uses the front stage RCAs, like, can I just put the left RCA on the left for amp 1 and the right RCA on the right for amp 2?

Kind of like how you bridge the channels, would it be the same?

Sorry if it's a bit unclear but I'm not sure how else to explain it. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Hm, if I wouldn't be able to 'bridge' it like asked above, would I just be able to buy 2 of these :

http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KRY-1F2M

And connect 1 of them to the Left RCA and one to the Right RCA then just connect the left RCA to one amp and the right RCA to the other amp? *I only call them seperate amps because on the 350.4 they are labeled as Amp1 and Amp2*

So kind of have something like this :

maybenw1.jpg

I don't think that would work cause it would only be sending left to one amp and right to the other, but heck, it was worth a shot..

Yes that is correct. You have the left going to the front side (amp 1) and the right going to the rear side (amp 2). So when you bridge it you wire the left speaker to the front (amp 1) outputs and the right speaker to the rear (amp 2) outputs.

Yes that is correct. You have the left going to the front side (amp 1) and the right going to the rear side (amp 2). So when you bridge it you wire the left speaker to the front (amp 1) outputs and the right speaker to the rear (amp 2) outputs.
Ah okay, so kind of the same way as you bridge the speaker outputs.

Thanks a lot for the answer, I thought this would work but wasn't sure if the amp had some sort of halt function when it noticed only 1 out of the 2 rca's were plugged in.

So just to clarify :

White RCA (left) would go to Amp 1's white jack. Amp 1's red jack would be left empty.

Red RCA would go to Amp 2's Red jack, Amp 2's white jack would be left empty.

Right door's components would go to amp 2, left door to amp 1.

Ah okay, so kind of the same way as you bridge the speaker outputs.
Thanks a lot for the answer, I thought this would work but wasn't sure if the amp had some sort of halt function when it noticed only 1 out of the 2 rca's were plugged in.

So just to clarify :

White RCA (left) would go to Amp 1's white jack. Amp 1's red jack would be left empty.

Red RCA would go to Amp 2's Red jack, Amp 2's white jack would be left empty.

Right door's components would go to amp 2, left door to amp 1.
Whoa you missed a step. Sorry for the confusion.

Your second post is correct you use y-splitters to split the left rca to both left-right amp 1 and right rca to both left-right amp 2.

It will work without the splitters but you will only get half the signal and mess up your gains.

Your second post is correct you use y-splitters to split the left rca to both left-right amp 1 and right rca to both left-right amp 2.

It will work without the splitters but you will only get half the signal and mess up your gains.
Alright, glad I posted one more time to clarify then //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

So, would those Knu y-splitters be fine? Would hope so as I need to order some fuse holders and other stuff from Knu anyways, so I'd save on shipping //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Yes, they would definetly work. I use 'em //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

You still technically get half the signal, since you are splitting the signal with Ys. These Ys don't magically increase the output, therefore are unnecessary in every single way.

Don't bother with the Ys. Just run the left to the front section and right to the rear section and bridge you speaker leads. Done.

Alright, glad I posted one more time to clarify then //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
So, would those Knu y-splitters be fine? Would hope so as I need to order some fuse holders and other stuff from Knu anyways, so I'd save on shipping //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Don't use the Ys. His reasoning is false.
Say an RCA channel outputs 2 volts, well when it is split you get 2X 1V, so either way you have a total of 2 volts. You won't get 2x 2V for a total of 4V. They don't increase voltage and are a wate of money for your application.

Say an RCA channel outputs 2 volts, well when it is split you get 2X 1V, so either way you have a total of 2 volts. You won't get 2x 2V for a total of 4V. They don't increase voltage and are a wate of money for your application.
Crap, already put the order into Knu. Oh well, not a big deal, I'll just have a couple Y connectors. Or I'll do a head to head test using them and not using them. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

My wasted 12$ Will answer this question once and for all! haha.

Crap, already put the order into Knu. Oh well, not a big deal, I'll just have a couple Y connectors. Or I'll do a head to head test using them and not using them. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
My wasted 12$ Will answer this question once and for all! haha.
Well it won't hurt with or without, so have fun.

Ugh thats not true. Y splitters create a parallel circuit therefore you have the same amount of voltage to both sides of the splitter. Voltage is what matters on interconnects... not current. Without y-splitters you will have half the signal and not enough gain to make up for it.

And I have tried it without them... trust me you want the y-splitters. If your amp doesn't have a switch to take a single set of RCA's to both sides of the amp then you need y-splitters.

And if you dont beleive me then go take an amp and wire it up the way I said. Now disconnect one side of the splitters while playing music... it will get quiter.

Go back to electronics 101 and stop spreading false information.

Parallel connections split current NOT voltage.

Ah, okay then! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Thanks again for all the help and to anyone who replied to the thread //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Hm, I just talked to someone who had the same amp and he said I only need to connect RCA's to the AMP 1 and it'll automatically make all 4 channels use the same signal.

This is where reading the manual helps I suppose, I only hadn't read the manual because I didn't have it with me. Just read the manual online though and this does seem true.

Regardless, this is good info to know in case I need it, thanks for the help guys!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.