question on putting sub in box and a leak in sub (PICS )

Tek18
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
KY
A. Putting the sub in,

this is the side of the sub, where you mount the screws.. which one?

2wpuf5x.png

-------

B. Im looking into my sub and where the sub side view is like this...

there is a very small leak, just enough that wood glue can fix it but its drippy underneath... should i use something else??

Im not looking to compete or be professional just daily use never had subs before... and i found it and i was wondering the performance downfall of this leak? its very small.. what should i do to fix it

30rpiis.png

Is the leak at the port? If it is big enough for glue to just "fall though", then I would be cautious of the whole enclosure. Sounds like it was not properly put together.

If it is still some what strong(if that is even possible) you can use a silicone based product to seal that edge. I would still shy away from that enclosure though.

hard to get pics of this... the gap is about as wide as a credit card
Is it a leak in the sub or the box (enclosure?) If its in the box, just use silicone. Squirt a line of it on there then smear it with your finger. Will make it airtight.

what type of silicone?

and its not part of the structure at all, its 110% fully stable

what type of silicone?
and its not part of the structure at all, its 110% fully stable
But not properly put together or air tight.. if that is part of the port it is structural lol

Sorry had to do that to ya..but truth is truth...

If you are ok with the enclosure hit up walmart and snag some silicone. All you have to do in this case.

any specific type? IMO there are a few

and here it is..

no more than a credit card

bgtnjo.png

--

more pics when uploaded

any specific type? IMO there are a few

and here it is..

no more than a credit card

bgtnjo.png

--

more pics when uploaded

more of the actual thing.

DSC04005.jpg

DSC04004.jpg

DSC04003.jpg

DSC04001.jpg

DSC04000.jpg

DSC03999.jpg

DSC03998.jpg

---------- Post added at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

the last pic is the best showing the gap ^^

---------- Post added at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

the last pic is the best showing the gap ^^

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.