question on port placement

Participant count
  • Participant list

jj53913
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have these two 30 second drawings that I did in paint (im at work) and need help.

The box is going to be for a solox 18. Its going into a 91 Toyota pickup ex-cab. The box is 16" deep by 33 1/4" high the top is 40"wide and the bottom is 53" wide.

My concern with the first drawing is that the seat will be to close to the port and I was wondering if the second drawing will have any problems with the sub being to close to the port.

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd289/jj53913/Untitled2.jpg

http://s220.photobucket.com/albums/dd289/jj53913/?action=view&current=Untitled.jpg

Usually there is little to no drawback to having a sub close to the port. You definitely do NOT want the port against a surface because it will defeat the purpose of the port. I would choose option 2.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.