Question on JL Audio 300/2 replacement

Participant count
  • Participant list

mru22

I had a Slash 300/2 V2 for my Focal Component speakers that went bad after nearly 6 years.

I just put in a XD 400/4 and bridged it but to me something seems missing or different in the Highs compared to what I had. Almost like a bitt muddy, not sure if this is placebo effect knowing that I have a different amp. I have played with the gains trying to replicate exactly what I had and I cant quite get the same effects. Either I add too much bass or when I get it toned down then the Highs do not sound quite as clear.

Would the Slash 300/4 v3 be better than the XD or is this maybe a placebo effect ?

I only have component speakers so I do let bass into the mids. I see the Slash series is a Class A/B amp which I do not know much about but it seems at the louder volumes it was cleaner.

Any thoughts ?

Thanks,

The slash is a top shelf amp. The XD is mid level.

The slash was AB the XD is D. I noticed what you noticed but with the HD series full range

The slash does not suffer from voltage drop the XD does.

You can EQ some more high end but be careful not to distort it.

The slash is a top shelf amp. The XD is mid level. The slash was AB the XD is D. I noticed what you noticed but with the HD series full range

The slash does not suffer from voltage drop the XD does.

You can EQ some more high end but be careful not to distort it.

Thanks for the response. I am swapping it out for a Slash 300. I think something that A/B class rings better in my ears //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.