Struggling with winisd.

Participant count
  • Participant list

inteva6184

Senior VIP Member
pa
Hey guys I was just trying to see if I could get away with using a slotted port instead of aero port but winisd is giving me some whacked out numbers. The box I am going to build is for 4 sundown sa-8 v3's I should be able to get somewhere between 2.2 to 2.5 after displacement. I was trying to see what my port velocity was with a 6" port and I was getting crazy numbers in the 180f/s range. I didnt even try a square port yet even though thats what I would prefer to use. I was also having trouble entering the parameters for that sub so to ball park me I just used a 8jlw6. Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong? Thanks

Hey guys I was just trying to see if I could get away with using a slotted port instead of aero port but winisd is giving me some whacked out numbers. The box I am going to build is for 4 sundown sa-8 v3's I should be able to get somewhere between 2.2 to 2.5 after displacement. I was trying to see what my port velocity was with a 6" port and I was getting crazy numbers in the 180f/s range. I didnt even try a square port yet even though thats what I would prefer to use. I was also having trouble entering the parameters for that sub so to ball park me I just used a 8jlw6. Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong? Thanks
you cant use an 8w6 ts specs for a sundown sub dude. thats your first mistake.

For port velocity your input power is not your amplifier power, its your projected power after box rise aka if you wire to 1 ohm, estimate between 2.5 to 3.5 ohm power numbers.

Answer purple kushe's question and we can let you know where to start. There's two versions of winisd.

What version of winisd are you using?
I will have to check when I get back to my laptop I think it's the alpha Pro and I also think that I downloaded one of the older versions like 5.0 or something because I thought I read that one of the newer versions was messed up.

you cant use an 8w6 ts specs for a sundown sub dude. thats your first mistake. For port velocity your input power is not your amplifier power, its your projected power after box rise aka if you wire to 1 ohm, estimate between 2.5 to 3.5 ohm power numbers.

Answer purple kushe's question and we can let you know where to start. There's two versions of winisd.
I completely agree I was attempting to use the Sundown specs until I ran into issues and then just to get a rough idea real quick I use the JL specs I wasn't looking for final numbers I just was messing around when I couldn't get the Sundown numbers to work. I also estimated 3500 watts which may be fairly optimistic after box rise.

I completely agree I was attempting to use the Sundown specs until I ran into issues and then just to get a rough idea real quick I use the JL specs I wasn't looking for final numbers I just was messing around when I couldn't get the Sundown numbers to work. I also estimated 3500 watts which may be fairly optimistic after box rise.

enter it exactly like he does it in this video, if there's other numbers missing, dont enter anything in for that. Use the tab button on your keyboard like mad and only keep the autocalculated numbers.

if you are using a 5000 rms amp at 1 ohm, you enter in around 2500.

q2QTqhT.jpg
[/img]

Winisd hates me I have no idea what I did wrong but this is the message I get every time.

q2QTqhT.jpg
[/img]

Winisd hates me I have no idea what I did wrong but this is the message I get every time.
When entering parameters enter them in this order: qes, qms, fs, vas. Then go to the bottom and select dvc and parallel or series if the sub is dvc. Then go back up and enter re, bl, xmax, le and pe. You'll notice that winisd will calculate qts, mms, cms and db spl efficiency based on other parameters you have entered. If winisd doesn't auto calculate "unknowns" then you'll have to enable by checking the box at the bottom of the window where you enter the parameters.

Manufacturer given specs can sometimes vary slightly because the numbers are rounded or an average of multiple readings from different production runs. Always let winisd calculate qts since it's a function of qms and qes. Also let it calculate mms and db spl because they are based on re, bl, fs and vas. Following this method should work every time when adding new subs to your database.

You're entering too many paramters and 1 or more of them aren't jiving when winisd crunches the #'s on its own and it's telling you that.

you didnt follow the video at all... You have to hit tab after entering every number and you only keep the autocalculated number even if its not what the manfacturer states. You clearly entered in QTS when you should have gotten a blue autocalculated number after entering in qes and qms and hitting the tab key.

TAB TAB TAB!!!!!!!! autocalculate autocalculate autocalculate!!!!!!!

Finally got it thanks guys. Looks like either port will work just fine unfortunately I dont think I have enough room for a round port.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.