Question About Wiring Mono Block

Tgilchrist
10+ year member

I have a alpine pdx 1.1000 and i want to wire it to 2 alpine type R's at 1 ohm. will each type R get half the rated rms?(which is 1000w x 1 @ 2 or 4 ohms). i dont even know if you can wire it at 1 ohm it doesnt mention you can but ive seen a pdx 1.1000 set up at 8 ohms between 4 subs and it doesnt say anything about 8 ethier. so i guess my questions are..

- can i wire a pdx 1.1000 at 1 ohm?

- if i can will it get 500 watts rms to each type r?

that amp should be stable down to 2ohm load also it puts out the same power no matter what the load is (8/6/4/2) thats the beauty of these amps and yes roughly 500 a piece and thats plenty for the alpine type-r's trust me you will be plenty pleased

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.