question about sub warranty

kr15
5,000+ posts

Polluting Residentials
California
So i have a warranty thru the audio shop and Treo on my 15. I am wondering if a warranty like this typically only covers product failure, or user error also? The reason being is that my sub made a funny sound when I was driving yesterday, so I stopped to check it out. The box had slid back to the trunk hatch and must have flexed into some part of the lock mechanism or some other metal as the surround on my sub was punctured. It was pretty small, about 1/2 an inch long and very narrow. I assume it was the trunk latch as the puncture was at about that level.

My question is, will the warranty cover this? Or will they say its "user error"?

thanks

originally them, but I swapped out the prefab box for a box i built
AH ok, well nvm then. I was going to say that if they didn't secure it(the shop) when they installed it, then you have a case to make. Since you swapped the box out yourself, you have no one to blame but yourself for not securing it to the vehicle. Sorry dude, live and learn.

Since you swapped the box out yourself, you have no one to blame but yourself for not securing it to the vehicle. Sorry dude, live and learn.
ya, pretty much...oh well, just an excuse to upgrade //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.