Question about sub box for diamond audio d61204

Participant count
  • Participant list

rbtrucking
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I recently got a pair of Diamond audio d612's they are currently in a sealed prefab box with 1.25cu ft of air space per chamber. They sound really good but I must admit I thought they would be a little louder. I am considering going ported. I know everyone is gonna say get a custom built which I am planning to do in the future but money is tight right now. I was looking at a prefab ported box the specs are pretty close let me know how you guys think the subs will work in this box.

Sub specs are: port tuned at 34hz

cu ft per chamber 1.25 with a speaker displacement of 0.01cu ft

Box specs are: Port tuned at 36hz

1.36cu ft per chamber.

Here is a link to the box.Sound Ordnance™ Bass Bunker Ported dual 12" subwoofer enclosure (Model BB122-125V) at Crutchfield.com

The people on crutchfield said it would work very well but I know sometimes they just tell you what you want to hear so that's why I am here asking your opinions. Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

i'd be interested to know if the area of that port on the inside of the box is the same as the area outside the box...that's kinda crutial. i'd also like ot know how the correction factor was figured out, if it was at all. since the back of that box is angled, so would the internal port opening...which makes it kind of an odd shape. since you can build one yourself for about $30, $80+ shipping seems a bit much to have something like that questionable.

That box would sound terrible. The airspace is more suited to a 10inch woofer and the 5/8mdf is gonna flex like jello.
Well Im looking at the manual and as far as the airspace is concerned diamond audio recommends less. They recommend 1.25 per chamber.

Ya your right pro rabbit i am getting impulsive and i am gonna mess up. I always regret messing with them stupid prefab boxes! Thanks for steering me right everyone.

Ya your right pro rabbit i am getting impulsive and i am gonna mess up. I always regret messing with them stupid prefab boxes! Thanks for steering me right everyone.
I think I still have a design laying around for 2 12W3s for you haha I ran across a file with your name on it anyway.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.