Question about searching

Do you put the brackets around it? It also says

"The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search: 7"

When a term is too short to search for, add enough asteriks after the term to make it a total of 3 characters long.

So instead of 7", it would be 7"*

If you were looking for every post with the letter I, you would search for I**

Problem with 7"* is it won't just find the term ' 7" '....it will pull up any thread that has just a plain ole 7 in it.

And if you search for ' 7** mid ' it will find any thread with a 7 and the term ' mid ' in it.

So the search doesn't provide extremely narrow results....but I suppose it's better than nothing.

I realize the current search needs some improvements. In the meantime, you can search the forum with Google, through the search box at the bottom of the page:
I didn't see that but what I did was go to yahoo and then "search within the domain or whatever"

Thanks for the tip squeak.

I realize the current search needs some improvements. In the meantime, you can search the forum with Google, through the search box at the bottom of the page:
Has that always been there? Thats kinda cool i just now noticed it if it has been up for awhile.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.