question about remote wire

Participant count
  • Participant list

gud

CarAudio.com Recruit
Florida
just got a car, 2002 LS430 and I'm trying to install my system from my other car into this one. In the LS430 it has a stock amp in it which is currently powering the door speakers and stock sub. I have a Sony XAVAX1000 stereo hooked up thru a wiring harness. I want to add my amplifier (Rockford Fosgate R1200-1D) and my subwoofer (Sundown SA12) to what's currently in the car. Since the Sony receiver already has a remote wire from the stock amp, what do I do to connect the remote wire from the RF amp? I just want to run only the sa12 through the RF amp right now. basically my question is how do I put in the remote wire connecting to my my second amp when ones already connected to the stereo?

Some people will tell you to run a relay
I have never run a relay
Just split the wire at the head unit and run a new wire back to the amp
It may run 12 volts but its very little amperage so it doesn't do much
It just to turn the amp on and off with the car

Some people will tell you to run a relay
I have never run a relay
Just split the wire at the head unit and run a new wire back to the amp
It may run 12 volts but its very little amperage so it doesn't do much
It just to turn the amp on and off with the car
great, thank you

Activity