Question about my install. need help quickly

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hey guys I need help installing my amp in my car. I have an 09 escalade and I have no idea how to hook up my soundqubed q1-2200d to my factory HU. the amp only has rca inputs which is what mostly confuses me because Ive always used my phone as the input to the amp then an rca from the output to my cars rca input to use the factory mids and highs... so my question is can someone help me out with using my 2200 for my subs while still using factory mid and highs and HU? If I have left any information out please let me know. thank you.

All you need is a simple LOC. I've never used one so I don't have any suggestions for a specific one but crutchfield has them ranging from $20 - $300
Alright so a good quality LOC and ill be good, how do i tell my HU to send only the low frequencies that i want to my amp tho? or does it just somehow do it on its own.. im still new to the audio game so I am trying to get a good understanding on this part of an install.

Alright so a good quality LOC and ill be good, how do i tell my HU to send only the low frequencies that i want to my amp tho? or does it just somehow do it on its own.. im still new to the audio game so I am trying to get a good understanding on this part of an install.
The amp will do that, just set the low pass filter around 80hz

It attaches to the positive and negative of any speaker wire
Lol I'm confused.. this is the one I found. PAC OEM-1 (oem1) System Interface (OEM1) - Sonic Electronix is this along the lines of what you guys were talkin about? and if it is, this will allow me to continue to use my factory hu and mids and highs correct? And when you say it goes on the pos and neg of speaker wire, does that mean i pull out my dash and find the wore that goes to the factory amp controlling the subs channel then clip that and put it into the loc then run rcas from loc to my 2200?

alright so that 2 channel loc is what i need and the female rca on the loc itself is where i run my rcas to my amp? what are the male rcas and the thin wires on it for? tapping into the signal the hu puts out?
1. Yes

2. Don't have to worry about them

3. You tap into the signal the HU puts out with the speaker wire

1. Yes2. Don't have to worry about them

3. You tap into the signal the HU puts out with the speaker wire
ok thanks and one last question.. on the back of the loc it looks like theres a gain or something, whats that for? and what part of it is used to tap into the speaker wire controling the sub?

ok thanks and one last question.. on the back of the loc it looks like theres a gain or something, whats that for? and what part of it is used to tap into the speaker wire controling the sub?
1. That is essentially a gain control, set that with an oscope preferrably.

2. You don't have to.

1. That is essentially a gain control, set that with an oscope preferrably.2. You don't have to.
but that doesnt make any sense haha unless ive missed something somewhere i run rcas from loc to my amp and thats it..where does the hu and the tapping into speaker wire come into play

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.