Question about my Amp kit

darkhunter139
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
PA
Well I am in the middle of a stereo/amp/sub install and I dont think my amp kit is complete

(I am planning on installing the amp tomorrow, already started on the stereo today)

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_3895_Kicker+PK8.html

That is the amp kit I got. What other wires am I going to need to hook the amp into the head unit?

And what is the remote lead and what does that connect to?

Ok cool so all I need is RCAs and im set! I was going to order them online but I kind of need them tomorrow. Any idea if circuit city or walmart sells them?
Yes, with an 8ga kit it appears that you do not have a highend system. BB, CC, walmart will have what you need.

Yes, with an 8ga kit it appears that you do not have a highend system. BB, CC, walmart will have what you need.
No its a pretty low end 500 watt RMS amp

Ok cool I guess ill head over there to get my cables. Thanks

You probably want to get something shielded. Alot of people will recommend to help prevent noise in the system to go shielded rca's. BB or CC will have them i assume, but they will be overpriced.

Ok and the remote lead will just plug into the back of my head unit somewhere or I am going to need to solder it to something?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.