Question about materials/thickness...

Participant count
  • Participant list

BIG-SMOOTH
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I'm still a bit up in the air about what my system layout is going to be, but one of my options is a single 8" subwoofer behind the center seat in my standard cab pickup. There is a very very tight space to work with so I'm wondering if there are any materials that could be used for an enclosure other than the standard MDF and Fiberglass. What are the recommended thicknesses for the different enclosure materials required for an 8" sub like the Rli-8, 8TC-1000, or DD 1508? Because of my height pushing the seats up is not an option and the center section has the most room behind it, but it is still only about 7" on the bottom tapering up to 6" at the top.

Not sure if it makes a difference in the material thickness, but I will be starting out with a sealed enclosure. If I decide I need more output I may go ported. I have plenty of room up/down and side to side just not front to back.

My other option is to just do a custom center console that would allow me to run a single 12" and depth would no longer be a concern, but a single 8" would be a bit stealthier, easier, and cheaper. Still weighing my options at this point.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.