Question about distribution blocks...

Participant count
  • Participant list
After doing a little research I found you should NEVER tap into the fuse box for the power wire. I'm pissed the guy didn't let me know he did this. I'm running only ~100 watts to the high amp but should I go ahead and switch it to the battery?
Run your 4ga power from the battery to a fuse box, then back to the fused distro. Then from there to the amps. You don't need a distro for the grounds, just ground them to the same spot. You wouldn't want to use a fused distro for grounds anyway.

Run your 4ga power from the battery to a fuse box, then back to the fused distro. Then from there to the amps. You don't need a distro for the grounds, just ground them to the same spot. You wouldn't want to use a fused distro for grounds anyway.
What does running the power wire from the battery to the fuse box and then to the distro do? What would be in the difference in running it straight from the battery to the fused distro?

If you have a problem at the battery end of the wire, it will blow the fuse there rather than 'potentially' burning up your wire and catching fire. It will protect the run of wire from front to back.

Appreciate the help my man. Going to order the rest of the necessary install accessories in next couple days and will finally have a nice little setup in my truck. w00tw00t!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.