Question about amp setup

Participant count
  • Participant list

EricTundra

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey guys,

Just getting back into car stereo. I'm setting up three way components for the front, fill for the back and a sub. At first I thought let's get a dedicated amp for the sub and a four channel amp for the rest. Then I thought I could save a little money by getting the LC-4.800, running the front components with the first two channels, bridging channels three and four to the sub and running the rear fills with the aftermarket head unit. The rears should do fine with the head unit's power as they will not be running hard at all. This should save me about $300 or so by using the LC-4 instead of two separate amps. Am I looking at this correctly? I know running off the head unit isn't the greatest, but I figure I can get away with it and it's a budget build for a daily driver.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

I would get a monoblock for the subs and maybe a small 2 channel. I'm not a fan of running subs off class A/B amps, which I'm assuming that audiocontrol is.

It's a class D amp, but did some thinking and searching .... I already have a Sundown monoblock that I got on sale and saw that Sundown also carries a small 4 channel amp that would work great with my components. Keep it all in the family and still get a great combined price with two year warranty.
Dual.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.