Question about a recone for an Re?

Participant count
  • Participant list
My friend has an RE 15 but im not sure whether its an se, sx, or what but he claims it to have an Mt cone or somethin but anyways it works flawlessly and is the same cosmetically but has a tiny piece of the foam missing and the basket is cracked. I was wondering If I would have to get it reconed and what kind of price im looking at or if there was something durable enough that I could use to fix it myself. He said $60 bucks and a blown cvr 12 that I have for it. It sounded like a fairly good deal to me so let me know what you guys think, thanks!

do it....... re recones are pretty cheap .........
Not necessarily, you can pay upwards of 100 bucks for a recone. Especially if it needs a basket.

To the OP, purchase the softparts from Fi, which will be a better deal for you.

Also, take pics of the motor and we can tell you what it is. If it is an SX it will probably be worth the trouble. And SE, not so much. SE's can be had for less than 175 shipped. So you won't be coming out ahead on it if the recones cost 100 bucks.

CT

1-2.jpg

2-2.jpg

3-2.jpg

4-2.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.