Question about a motorcycle audio setup

Check out ARC Audio and Hybrid Audio. The Hybrid Audio Mirus speakers are amazing sounding even with low power and have a 20mm Silk tweeter and the speakers have waterproofing to them as well. I have installed a few sets of these on different bikes and they work out great
Thanks! I'll definitely look into those. Any input on which would provide better sound at speed (lots of wind noise), 4 5.25" speakers or 2 6x9's?

Is a waterproof cone enough protection? These will get SOAKED every now and then, which is why I was looking at marine grade. The polks I have mounted on my handlebars now will play submerged in a glass of water! What about UV protection? These will be at the mercy of direct sunlight, not even through-glass direct sunlight. Basically, would you mount these speakers on your uncovered patio, all year round? Like I said I don't know that much about this stuff I'm just trying to evaluate my options. Those mirus 6x9's look attractive! Nice price point too.

I would probably suggest the 2 set of 5.25's simply due to the fact if you are powering the speakers off a headunit alone you will be using all 4 channels of the head units amplifier compared to only half the power with the 6x9's. 15-20 watts x4 compared to only x2 with the 6x9's will provide higher volume and cleaner power output to help overcome the wind noise

I hope the information helps and if you have ANY questions about the Hybrid Mirus speakers at all please feel free to PM me and I will gladly help any way I can

I would probably suggest the 2 set of 5.25's simply due to the fact if you are powering the speakers off a headunit alone you will be using all 4 channels of the head units amplifier compared to only half the power with the 6x9's. 15-20 watts x4 compared to only x2 with the 6x9's will provide higher volume and cleaner power output to help overcome the wind noise

So 4 5.25 speakers would be louder than 2 6x9's? I AM considering installing some 5.25 speaker pods on my touring trunk. It'll look like this;

speaker_podsw300.jpg

Though that would primarily be for the passenger. With tremendous wind noise and the speakers firing 'into the wind', I won't hear them. I'm not decided on the speaker pods or not though. The pods themselves (without any speakers) are kind of expensive and I'm not really sure they'll add much to the setup or not (kind of a diminishing returns scenario).

Thoughts?

Cool beans well that's probably what ill do then. Why is that, btw? Trying to learn a little bit as I go. Is it just 4 audio sources instead of 2 or what? What makes 6x9's 'less clean'?

Finally, if down the road I DID decide to so the speaker pods, would it be possible with 4 channels? Can I run two sets of speakers (4speakers) off of one channel? Again no juice for an amp otherwise I would definitely run one. In fact I have one in a closet I'm not using! But if I did that, I'd have a dead battery at the end of the day!

Get a side cart and put a "18 Fi in there.
You'd be the coolest guy at Stergus..
LOL, if I don't have enough juice to run a 4 channel amp I wouldn't have enough juice to run that now would I?

Would be unique! There are some crazy motorcycle audio setups out there. But the thing is, they STILL only sound good at a stop. Wind does terrible things. If you ever get up next to a motorcycle rolling down the highway with the stereo cranked, listen. It's flat and bass-less, doesn't matter what they are running. Just the facts of life riding a bike and wanting music! That's why my only concern was clarity at high volume. Even with subs the most you'll get is some vibration in the bike when it 'hits', but you still won't hear the bass. Something about the way the wind moves across the bike I guess.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.