question about 12" RF

If you got $4000 or more to spend on bass don't cut through your cab,when i was in barrie I saw a S-10 reg cab in a stereo shop that had a nice cap on the box and 4-15" where the back window goes in a fiberglass enclosure(this truck looked sharp) then the subs right up facing the dash.If i where you I would get a ext. cab S-10 like I did,reg cab trucks really make it hard to win man.

i was thinking of selling my regular cab and getting an x cab, ive been debating that for a while. no offence but i hate toppers, the plans i have for this truck dont allow a topper but they do allow the cutthrough, but i might get that x cab. it's gonna cost me $4000 for 4 power HX2's and the amps to power them and the wireing?? i'm doing the cut through and all the install work myself. just like the body drop i have planed for next year. but why will it cost me $4000??

power HX2 12" $500 each,bd 1000 $900-1000 each,wires and **** under $200.I hate toppers also but that one was sweet.If i where you I'd get an ext. cab(they are more stereo friendly.Anyways it sounds like you want a killer system,If you do get the ext.cab and build a wall you will be close to 160+ db's with 4-power hx2's and 2-bd 1000.Always remember if you get 4-punch hx2's you will save alot of money and still be able to compeet.The punch hx2's go for $350(tax incl. on the prices i give you)if you buy for you might get them for 300 each so that would be $1200 for the subs and $2000 for you amps,so about $3200 for that set up and $4000 or so for the power hungry power hx2's.I say go with the punch hx2's.I am getting 1 punch hx2 and powering it with 1000 rms and I am looking to hit 145+ db's(I can't wait).//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

hehe you want a crazy amp that will put out 4000rms watts. get the new jbl crown i dont' actually know how much it is nor if it puts out 4600wrms like it says it does but that would blow your head clear off your shoulder's man. i love spl but 4 power hx2's is too much even for me.

keep it thumpin,

adam

Just to let this person know this. Ramos, why would you bother running your amp at one ohm to your subs? The Bd series is stable to two ohms only. Yeah it is possible to achieve it, but if your not into comps and don't have that kinda money if you blow the amp, then don't even bother buying 2 ohm amp and running it one ohm. You want one ohm, get directed 1100d, memphis 1000d, and jbl1200.1, and even crossfire 1000d( i think its one ohm)

ok lowrider i don't know where the hell you shop but i know of a place that you can get 12 punch hx2's for 120 a piece plus shipping. so 4 of them wouldn't even be 800 bucks. and the bd 1000.1 is good but i would go with memphis 1000d. go on ebay and look a guy is selling them for 250 a piece.

keep it thumpin,

adam

Originally posted by abercrombie2582 Just to let this person know this. Ramos, why would you bother running your amp at one ohm to your subs? The Bd series is stable to two ohms only. Yeah it is possible to achieve it, but if your not into comps and don't have that kinda money if you blow the amp, then don't even bother buying 2 ohm amp and running it one ohm. You want one ohm, get directed 1100d, memphis 1000d, and jbl1200.1, and even crossfire 1000d( i think its one ohm)
I'm still using those very same amps in different cars right now. Two of which are running at 1 ohm. I also have a bd1000.1 in my winter beater powering a power HX2 at 1ohm. But what you got to think about is this. Nominal impedence is just that nominal ( average ) The impedence rises and it falls. Most of the time the amp will hardly ever actually see1 ohm. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

abercrombie guy don't mess with remos. whether your a newbie or not he'll make you look like one. and yeah the rf amps can do less it's just not suggested. when i fried mine i actually was running like .5 ohm load to it but i wanted a new amp and had service so i just sent it to RF to get fixed for free. then when i got it back i just took a new one out of the store and switched it with mine. RF says those amps will do 1.33 all day and the difference to an amp on 1.33 to 1 isn't much

keep it thumpin,

adam

i ran my bd1000.1below 2 ohms, to power my powerhx2, and nothing happened, to the amp that is..Stuck in traffic, cooking under the sun, and yet, it still works....

so your willing to spend more than 2 times as much as you need to just to shop in canada i'm sorry but that's stupid man. why waste your money when the money you save can go towards an awesome custom box or something like that, even a new electrical system.

keep it thumpin,

adam

MR_LOWRIDER, where you gettin' those punch HX2's from, what town?? i havnt seen anyone near where i live sell any RF stuff, EHR sells it but i dont really want to drive to hamilton if i dont have to. thanx for the info and prices guy.

and i know were not saying stuff about canada on here. i aint got nothing against you bumpin_blazer youve helped me out alot, but dont say stuff about canada.

no i'm not saying anything agains canada i'm just saying that if i lived there i would still order my stuff online if i knew i could get it for half of what it costs there.

keep it thumpin,

adam

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.