Questin on Capacitors

yeah it still dims and the voltage drops down to like 11.8 volts on a long bass note and that's with the gain on the gain nob at like 30 percent or so. but i'm gonna get my alternator rewound to about 150amps and that should take care of it.

adam

they told me at a local alt. place 185-220 bucks to get it rewound to whatever amps i wanted it to be rewound to. but i'm not sure if they can do it with all alternators or not i'm an idiot when it comes to that.

keep it thumpin,

adam

Originally posted by bumpin_blazer they told me at a local alt. place 185-220 bucks to get it rewound to whatever amps i wanted it to be rewound to. but i'm not sure if they can do it with all alternators or not i'm an idiot when it comes to that.

keep it thumpin,

adam
You can get one new for that. E-mail Dominick and tell him what vehicle you have and what amperage alternator you want. That's where I would get one, in fact I will be ordering from him, just not for a little while.

when i checked around for a 140 amp alternator it was like 250 170 amp alt. was 300 and 200amp alt. was 345. and that was with my friend getting me a good price from an installer and dealer.

keep it thumpin,

adam

Dude for a GM vehicle it's worth anyway to get it rewound. I've replaced the one on my mom's van and my freinds Tahoe 3 times. The problem there was they barely hack it with the stock output so yeah it's worth it to get an old busted one rewound.

Originally posted by JTz62  

You can get one new for that. E-mail Dominick and tell him what vehicle you have and what amperage alternator you want. That's where I would get one, in fact I will be ordering from him, just not for a little while.
Quote from Dominick's price list:

small cases:

140a ...........$180

160a............$210

180a........... $250

large cases:

220a........... $250

250a........... $300

These prices are a little better than the ones you got, and this guy is very reliable. A lot of people on the boards get theirs from him, and I have never heard of any problems with his stuff. Go to Termpro and ask about him, you'll see. Dominick@tds.net is his e-mail addy. Tell what you want and what vehicle.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

bumpin_blazer

5,000+ posts
Only the Strong Survive
bumpin_blazer
Austin,TX
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date