quality

Grateful
10+ year member

I bought an amp already but now need to get the wires.Are the amp kits of any good quality or is it better to buy each piece seperatly.Which ever way is better are their any suggestions.I need 4 and 8 guage since im buying another amp next week.

amp kits i believe are usually cheaper, since most come with all neseccary wire, connectors, and fuse. some come with a distribution block. i don't think there's any difference in quality, unless it's a crap rca.

ok, less flexibility i can see, but less conductivity? i would expect there to be more since there is more wire there(since you don't have the gaps between the wires)

Don't forget the fact that solid wire is almost more prone to breaking under the vibrations of an automobile. Thole conductivity thing I would have to throw to someone who is more apt to answer or dispell that theory.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

To know the reason as to why a high strand count is good, you need to know alittle about physics and the way current travels on a wire. I won't bore you to much with all of the physics, but basically, current travels on the outside of the wire. Hence, with more strands, you get more current flow. That is why you want a high strand count. If you guys really want to the know the physics on it, then ask me, but it's rather boring.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.