Quality head unit, front stage/rear stage & amp

rtillaree
10+ year member

F***, Strong
Orlando
I have been out of the game for a ridiculously long time and I just cannot take it much longer. I need to throw some loudness into my DD.

I'd like a nice, newer, clean head unit. Good outputs, preferably not broken in any way or missing anything. I would really like to use this HU with my iPod so connectivity included is a major plus if not required. - $300-$500 depending

I am also looking for some loud *** comps (rear = 5-1/4", front = 6-3/4" + tweeters) and nice amp to push them all. I mostly listen to 90's grunge rock and 90's hip-hop. Gear is going into an 09 Nissan Versa hatch. Used is fine for sure, just don't want anything treated poorly. I'd like the gear to work 100% upon delivery. - $200-$400 on the comps and probably $200-$300 on the amp.

I will, knowing me, surely be looking to add some SQL drivers down the line, but, loud and clear is my #1 concern atm.

PayPal is my preferred method of payment unless close enough for local. I have a ton of past business transactions completed all of which were positive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a nice setup that is loud and clear: Clarion CZ702 active head unit ($150 used for a few weeks, complete, or $200 new), Precision Power P900.4 145W x 4 amp (~$200), JBL Power P660C 6.5" components ($180), JBL 5.25s(~$100), a few sheets of Alpha Damp deadener for your doors(I can break down a bulk pack for this).

I have two pairs of Hybrid Audio Technologies Clarus 6.5 comps used for 2 months. 375.00 ea shipped or 680.00 shipped for both pairs. They sell for 599.99 brand new

Sorry for the lack of replies, I subscribed to this thread but apparently I'm not getting notifications for some reason. I'll take a look at the gear listed in here in a bit and reply accordingly.

Kicker sx900.4200 plus shipping
still looking for comps, will consider, thanks.

Here's a nice setup that is loud and clear: Clarion CZ702 active head unit ($150 used for a few weeks, complete, or $200 new), Precision Power P900.4 145W x 4 amp (~$200), JBL Power P660C 6.5" components ($180), JBL 5.25s(~$100), a few sheets of Alpha Damp deadener for your doors(I can break down a bulk pack for this).
I have been out of the game for a minute, how's that Clarion stacking up with other HU's right now? I will be looking to add a SQL low-end to this setup. Not sure how I feel about the JBL's. I like Precision Power, but their older stuff, the newer stuff is kinda...bleh, no?

Pioneer AVH-p4200DVD, 300shipped OBO
Will consider for sure, thanks.

DEH-80PRS
Thanks for the info.

I got a rockford fosgate Power T4004 for 150.00 plus shipping...in perfect working order...
still looking for comps, will consider, thanks.

I have two pairs of Hybrid Audio Technologies Clarus 6.5 comps used for 2 months. 375.00 ea shipped or 680.00 shipped for both pairs. They sell for 599.99 brand new
Don't think I have ever had any experience with these, pretty nice? What kind of amp did you run to them?

lDon't think I have ever had any experience with these, pretty nice? What kind of amp did you run to them?

I had a soundstream reference 920.4 running them. These are built as a higher end type of speaker. Solid midbass with lots of power handling, pretty smooth tweeter but will get fairly aggressive when you want it to be. I am a dealer for this brand but I'm doing some new things with this system so I'm selling these guys. Link below is their website

Home - The Home of the World's Finest Loudspeakers, and World Championship Car Audio Speaker Systems.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.