Quad bracket issues

Yea, same pattern but the case itself is a lot different. Not sure if you're on FB but there's an audio + Tahoe/Silverado specific group that you could ask this on
I don't have a facebook. I know that's weird for my generation, I get that a lot, lol.

I'll call DC and see how this can be worked out. I was hoping someone on here would have the answer though

I filed a little off the cases, and now the alts fit. My auto tech instructor gave me an idea on how/where to move the computer. Now I just have to move the computer, bolt the bracket to the block, wire the alts up, and replace the belt //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I moved the computer out of the way and connected wires to the alternators after mounting them to the bracket

IMG_20160130_115812_099_zps6ywtxsze.jpg

Then I got the bracket with all the alternators into the engine bay

IMG_20160130_124221_234_zpsbscdywk8.jpg

The bolts are going in crooked for some reason. I haven't turned them yet, so they're not being cross-threaded. I'm going to see if one of my neighbors can help me out real quick. Someone else needs to push the bolts in straight while I hold the bracket up

IMG_20160130_124231_777_zpsvk8cyrtr.jpg

supposed to leave the alts off and bolt the bracket in first, thats probably why you cant get the bolts threaded, tons of weight on one end and you only have two hands. i had trouble with that doing my dual bracket until my buddy helped me out

the center bolt of the 5 (top 2 are the stock alt bolt locations and bottom 3 include the middle then 2 lower - all engine block bolts) wouldnt go in for me i literally left it out lol

I moved the computer out of the way and connected wires to the alternators after mounting them to the bracket
IMG_20160130_115812_099_zps6ywtxsze.jpg

Then I got the bracket with all the alternators into the engine bay

IMG_20160130_124221_234_zpsbscdywk8.jpg

The bolts are going in crooked for some reason. I haven't turned them yet, so they're not being cross-threaded. I'm going to see if one of my neighbors can help me out real quick. Someone else needs to push the bolts in straight while I hold the bracket up

IMG_20160130_124231_777_zpsvk8cyrtr.jpg
I use clamps to hold mine in and straight so you can thread the bolts in. And thread them in by hand cuz you dont want to get those cross threaded !

supposed to leave the alts off and bolt the bracket in first, thats probably why you cant get the bolts threaded, tons of weight on one end and you only have two hands. i had trouble with that doing my dual bracket until my buddy helped me out
the center bolt of the 5 (top 2 are the stock alt bolt locations and bottom 3 include the middle then 2 lower - all engine block bolts) wouldnt go in for me i literally left it out lol
I ended up taking it apart and bolting the bracket on before the alternators.

I use clamps to hold mine in and straight so you can thread the bolts in. And thread them in by hand cuz you dont want to get those cross threaded !
Yeah, I started them by hand

No need to relocate anything. This is a dc quad bracket. Everything fits snug.
Well, then I just moved the computer for nothing!!!!!!!

I guess I'm going to put it back then.

I got all 4 alternators on my truck and then broke the regulator of the bottom alternator. Now I have to take the whole thing apart again and buy a $50 regulator on Monday before I can put it back together //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suicide.gif.a649d21efc0d1fd4890a6428166586c1.gif

The plug got pulled out of the regulator, breaking the plastic that holds it on and bending the pins. FML.

I really wish DC would have sent me the right fucking directions.

I put the stock belt on the stock alternator for now, until I get the new regulator.

I'm also going to need smaller pulleys for the two stock alts, because the belt is just a little too small to fit over them right now. It was designed to work with four high output alternators that have smaller pulleys.

I put the stock belt on the stock alternator for now, until I get the new regulator.
I'm also going to need smaller pulleys for the two stock alts, because the belt is just a little too small to fit over them right now. It was designed to work with four high output alternators that have smaller pulleys.

Don't change pulleys, get a little bit longer belt. Alts are designed to be used with the pulley they come with

Don't change pulleys, get a little bit longer belt. Alts are designed to be used with the pulley they come with
Do you know where I can get a belt that's an inch longer than the one that came with the kit? I have no idea

I got all the alternators on today and ordered a new belt. The belt should get here tomorrow. Then I've just got to connect my wires back to the battery bank

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.