Quad bracket issues

RPM drops when I'm idling. It's a little slower when accelerating while bumping, but it's not awful
well. turn volume down every time you accelerate //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

You could always wire up a toggle switch to kill the HO alts when driving....that's how my 2nd alt is.

That bracket is a PITA to install, did one on a Burban a few months ago, had to grind it to make alts fit and they were DC alts lol

I'm always listening to my system while driving, so the toggle switch wouldn't be used much. Plus, if I wasn't bumping hard, the alts wouldn't be loaded down.

i like when im off the brake and just cruising up to the light and the bass hits and it loads my engine down so the truck brakes on every note lol or when im at idle at a light and the rpms drop so the computer compensates and the truck kicks if you're not holding the brake

with quad alts itll probably kill your engine at idle if you're not watching it, russ with that ****** jeep on caco mentioned it'll die at idle no problem he has 4 or 5?

i like when im off the brake and just cruising up to the light and the bass hits and it loads my engine down so the truck brakes on every note lol or when im at idle at a light and the rpms drop so the computer compensates and the truck kicks if you're not holding the brake
with quad alts itll probably kill your engine at idle if you're not watching it, russ with that ****** jeep on caco mentioned it'll die at idle no problem he has 4 or 5?
So far, I haven't killed it going full tilt at idle. I know the guy you're talking about. "Masterofallbass". He's got 6 High output alts iirc. I just have two high output alternators and two stock ones right now. One of the stock alternators just charges the stock battery and runs the stock electrical.

I'm having a weird voltage thing happen though.

In the morning when I first start up my truck, everything is great. I charge at 15.0v flat. Quickly reving it up, it might spike to 15.3v before leveling out to 15.0v again. When it's cold and I just started up my truck, going full tilt at idle I don't drop below 14.7v. After the truck warms up, I charge in the high 14's while driving, but dip into the 13's when I'm going full tilt at idle. If I turn my truck off and then start it back up while it's still hot, voltage is in the 13's or 14's. Then, it'll occasionally jump to 16v if I'm not bumping hard and give it some gas like when I'm taking off from a stoplight. It always charges lower when hot. I've heard of this happening, but it makes a big difference at idle. Voltage drops a lot more when it's hot than when it's cold. Also, I don't like the random voltage spikes. It's isolated from the stock electrical system, so at least I'm not going to damage the ECU. The amp is fine at higher voltages, and should protect at 16.2v iirc. I'm worried about my batteries being damaged by the voltage spikes and I wish I could keep voltage up while I'm idling and the engine is hot.

kudos for your patience. I have a triple alt bracket on the way, and hope I dont run into these issues! btw, ya dcs site seems like half broken. im trying to get my install instructions with no luck!
Thanks, it was a struggle. Hopefully the triple is easier for you! I don't see why they don't have directions in PDF's on their site

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.