Putting component set into my doors?

Participant count
  • Participant list

ccapital83
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
NY
So I've always loved components I just think they sound better. So I really want them in my doors bad I have a civic coupe 2014. Right now it's all polk front to back the Polk db series and the a pillars have Polk db tweets. So I didn't put a component set into my doors because I have tweetes in the a pillars. I know it makes no sense to have two sets of tweets but I'm dieing for components how far from each other would they have to be to not cause phasing issues I don't mind having a lot of highs that won't bother me and I know it's not correct to have four tweets up front but I want to put some mm6501 in my front doors so if I put the tweeter low enough would that be better? Right now the coaxes I gave in db651 aren't causing any issues with the tweeter down low but with components it be much higher up.

You don't have the right crossovers to run two pairs of tweeters up front with the best results. Just put in the MM6501 set with those tweeters in the A-pillars.

What do you mean the Polk db1001 tweetes are in the a pillars now with crossovers and sound astounding I don't want to lose them? My concern is having the mm tweets to close to them

I've heard a vehicle that had nearly the same setup with an extra pair of Polk tweeters. The treble was astoundingly loud and annoying. I promise you the MM tweeters alone will be enough.

So just run the crossover and 6.5 and not use the tweeter
I'm advising you to take out the Polk db1001 tweeters and replace them with the tweeters in the MM6501 set, should you buy it. If you really don't want to part with them then try the new tweeters temporarily hooked up before you make the installation permanent. You have to listen to it every day, not me, so ultimately it is your judgement that counts.

I hear you I'm just worried about phasing issues not to much highs the more the marrier for me
There is no way to avoid phasing issues in the confines of a car. The entire "room" encourages comb filtering by the nature of the closeness of reflective surfaces. I'm not even concerned about that for you, it's the likelihood of very "hot" treble that will not make your music sound realistic.

If your second pair of tweeters were crossed higher, at 8 kHz with a steep slope, and you could also control the level of those tweeters, what you'd have is a pretty decent set of imaging tweeters.

maybe ill just get the mm651 the non components so the tweeters arent so high up i actuallly think having two sets of tweets up front soubds good there was a gap from the pillars to the mids in the doors so having the piviting tweeter helped filll that huge gap. hopefully they will sound as good as the 6501 they both actuallly have the same size crossover so i guess the mm651 is technically braxial

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.