putting CD reciever in explorer, need help!

Participant count
  • Participant list

RavE
10+ year member

Oregon
I am trying to put a new CD reciever into my 93 explorer, but i am having trouble taking out the current casette deck. Does anyone have any advice to take out the cassette deck. Also there are 4 holes on the outside of the deck but no screws in them. Do i just pull the face plate off???? i don't know what to do please help.

most likely what you'll need are some pins that you can get at the local walmart....and you'll slide them in and it will release the deck from theplate holding it in place....also you will probably need to take the dash around that area off and remove any screws from there if there are any....good luck....

You wont have to remove any of your dash unless your like the guy that ripped mine off (http://www.tisd.net/~mchiles/jaret/images/theft1.gif) to steal my last deck. The 2 holes on each side of your factory deck are for the release like mentioned before. The actual piece designed to be used looks like 2 "U" shaped rods that slide in and catch so it releases the deck and then you can pull it out. They arent completely nessesary but it makes things a lot easier..

I havent been around here before so heres my ride..

http://www.tisd.net/~urbanfreaks/jaret/exploder/

the details on my page are a little unaccurate because half of it was ripped out a few months ago by some ***** ass junkie but its better than ever now. Have the new panasonic dvd/cd deck now and a 8" flipdown being installed this coming weekend. Few more neons now on the back hatch and some black running bars on the sides of the vehicle now too.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.