Putting 8in Mids in my door..

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mtndew
10+ year member

Loud s10.
Okay so i wanna do a little glassin and fab to my doors by puttin some 8in mids in there. Im gonna fiberglass and smooth my doors and dash as well. Anyone have any expereince doing this to a dime? I have an 01 s10. I wanna do some custom work to my doors and pretty much the entire interior.

I got some temp 8in mids to go in that are crappy buy they will do till i can get the funds for better ones. Just wondering what sorta steps i need to take. I have yanked off the panels and looked inside. there seems to be a bar running horizontally down the cut out in the door which will limit my depth. Can i remove this without interfering with my windows rolling down? or will i have to glass a extention out of the door?

Also anyone have any guides to disassembeling an s10 dash to fiberglass? I can get some of it off but not too sure on everything else and the passenger side airbag makes me kinda nervous :/

Im gonna paint my interior to match my Truck which is a darker shade of blue maybe a navy but seems a shade or two darker. I am going to Have leather or pleather( the fake **** no shame in my game if its affordable) on my seats with a matching color blue on this inside of the seat to add a little style to my seats.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm not a nub but im not super experienced in this so a little reference would be appreciated. Thanks Dew the dew :)

I dont have much experience, so I am not much of help. I do believe you will have to make a baffle, because 8" mids can be quite deep. I am thinking of doing the same in my car. Do you know of some 8" component sets? I havent had much luck finding anything...

I dont have much experience, so I am not much of help. I do believe you will have to make a baffle, because 8" mids can be quite deep. I am thinking of doing the same in my car. Do you know of some 8" component sets? I havent had much luck finding anything...
Well i lucked up when i completely rewired this guys car for him and he ended up giving me a set of 400watt 8s so idk really where to find any. You may have to spend a little bit on a know brand to get some.

Morel has some...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.