Put on your shades, The Bling arrived today!

Bass911
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Dallas,TX
These are not for me. I had them shipped to me because I'm building a box for someone else. They feel pretty tough, and don't have a cheap feel to them at all. They weigh about 30 lbs a piece. The spider is very stiff. The cone seems to be pretty stiff, and doesn't feel like other aluminum cones I've felt. I did not know they had the diamonds all around the mounting ring, but it looks like they can be removed. They didn't want to spend much, and I figured they'd be good bang for the buck with the 3" coils. $260.00 for the pair. I did hear the old ones without the bling in a competition van, and it sounded pretty good.

Well here are the picks of the TXX-DMZ15

100_1003.jpg

100_1001.jpg

100_1000.jpg

100_1005.jpg

100_1012.jpg

Without the Bling Ring!

100_1023.jpg

More picks

100_1014.jpg

100_0999.jpg

A sticker for extra bling that comes with each sub.

100_1020.jpg

100_1021.jpg

I think the Diamonds can be removed from this ring?

100_1025.jpg

I hope there's some truth to the sensitivity?

100_1028.jpg

100_1027.jpg

lol if that sensativity was true the 15 inch sub would need about a 10-15 cubic feet box ported. It's either completely ******** or it's just a measurement from inside the car. High effeciency doesn't make more bass with less power, subwoofers don't really work that way, especially not below 60hz.

Solid subs. Take more than rated power. Mine are holding up fine with the exception of one of the magnets falling off.
How did it come off? Did you hit a big pothole? Maybe if I downfire, it won't come off? Did you put it back on? Do you know what they like to be tuned at?

lol if that sensativity was true the 15 inch sub would need about a 10-15 cubic feet box ported. It's either completely ******** or it's just a measurement from inside the car. High effeciency doesn't make more bass with less power, subwoofers don't really work that way, especially not below 60hz.
The sheet that came with them recommends 4.67 cubes per sub? That's 9.34 cu. ft. total.

Yes it does work that way. An efficiency spec (if measured accurately) directly correlates to cone excursion. It, along with input power, enclsore compliance and suspension compliance all affect excursion. In vented system, system tuning vs. material freq also affects it. Point is, efficiency matters, we just tend to ignore it with subs for a couple reasons. For one, its generally measured at 1khz, where the sub will never operate. And secondly, hoffman's iron law tells us we dont always simply want the highest efficiency driver possible. And with no clear-cut "higher number is better" answer for the masses to understand, they tend to ignore it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.