Purchasing amp (I'm new)

yeah 500w @ 2 ohms will be perfect for those subs if they're the single 4 ohm version.

Do you have the subs on hand? Take a look at the back of the magnet and see if you can find the model number.

What's the difference between 4/8/12 gauge? Better signal connections or something I'm guessing?
I haven't installed my subs yet, so I'll need to purchase the speaker wire still

BTW: I have a Pioneer DEH-P4000UB head unit.
4 gauge is the largest of those 3 listed wire sizes. It is the one you should go with for the power run to the amp. For the subs, 12 would be kinda overkill, but go with it if you can fit it. Otherwise, 16 gauge is more ideal.

Yeah make sure you get a long enough set of RCAs to go from the sub to the amp. I believe your HU has 3 sets of preouts so you could amp the interior speakers one day too.

i would have sold you a better hifonics amp at the same or lower price with a warranty if i had found this post sooner. ebay sellers and buyers get no warranty at all even if the seller says that you do.

fyi the subs are 4400 series (new current model) and 225 rms 1000 peak and we run them with 350+ watts rms in almost every install and the 5500 series we run 600 rms to

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.