Punchy Bass

Pretty much any sub can punch hard, it's all in the box design. So are you building a box or using a prefab? I would strongly suggest keeping the box build in the budget also. Also what kinda power you got on tap, ie what amp?

Pretty much any sub can punch hard, it's all in the box design. So are you building a box or using a prefab? I would strongly suggest keeping the box build in the budget also. Also what kinda power you got on tap, ie what amp?
I was prolly going to go prefab since this is my first build and I was looking on prolly getting a mono amp with about 500 W

I was prolly going to go prefab since this is my first build and I was looking on prolly getting a mono amp with about 500 W

You can make a 500w sub usually significantly louder in a custom box, unless you get a fairly high quality prefab that matches your sub and listening style. Subs don’t play bass without boxes, basically, so the box itself can ruin or make a sub system. Ported can be plenty punchy, IMO, and it’ll make a big difference with 500w.

My coworker has 2 Pyle 15" in a custom box and they sound pretty damn good considering they're like $40 subs
I bought a bunch of Pyle subs one summer years ago. Most of the subs really are trash, but the PLW15 wasn’t too bad. I had 2 of them in a large sealed box. 6 or 7 cubes maybe, and they did some bass, The 15s probably are worth the 40$.

As @Buck said, the box will make the difference here. @riptide555 do you have any tools to build a box? I'm pretty sure buck still does box designs. So with 500w on tap you're most likely gonna want to look for a sub with around 300rms capabilities. I'm sure others would have some good suggestions I'm just tired right now and don't wanna copy and paste links on my phone lol.

You can make a 500w sub usually significantly louder in a custom box, unless you get a fairly high quality prefab that matches your sub and listening style. Subs don’t play bass without boxes, basically, so the box itself can ruin or make a sub system. Ported can be plenty punchy, IMO, and it’ll make a big difference with 500w.

Ported can make a huge difference, but also tends to exaggerate low end in the car audio environment.

As @Buck said, the box will make the difference here. @riptide555 do you have any tools to build a box? I'm pretty sure buck still does box designs. So with 500w on tap you're most likely gonna want to look for a sub with around 300rms capabilities. I'm sure others would have some good suggestions I'm just tired right now and don't wanna copy and paste links on my phone lol.

I am not doing any right now, for the record.

I'm trying to find somewhat affordable subs with punchy but not necessarily loud bass wondering if yall had any suggestions. Preferably under 250
I have a pair of these subs in tens,just to try out different series of A.Bass subs in general.These are some of the best budget subs Ive ever bought that sound really good in a nice enclosure. Yes they are Cheapies. But they can get down, and take rated all day long. Did really good on one my Xtant 600.1D amps, Dammned good subs for the $

You can pick up a pair here. Ive bought several items from Audio Savings, Never have had an issues from them.. Ever

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...