punch HX2 15''

dr. no
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Highlands
My brother is probably gonna get a HX2 15 for his '94 Legend. Just wanted to get some opinions on the sub and what enclosure we should build. Will probably be powered with a JBL bp600.1 so I was thinking a fairly large sealed box because the JBL has no subsonic filter and to maintain a shred of SQ. Just wanted to get some feedback:)

if you want sq do not go 15 for one go 10 or 8 but if 15 are your thing put thim i a small box //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif

Well this isn't really a sq setup, he just wants something that really hits and sounds decent without spending too much and HX2 15's are only like $165-170.

put that sub in a SEALED box. do not put it in a ported enclosure or anything else. all RF subs are designed for sealed boxes that is what every rep i've ever talked to told me.

keep it thumpin,

adam

tell me the name of the RF rep that told you all RF loved ported. whoever he is he's a **** fool. i would be willing to put money on it that in a sealed box bigger than what the specs rec. it would sound louder and better. or did you ask some twit at a local shop if it would sound better in a ported box??

keep it thumpin,

adam

hey newbie actually i think it is about 4 different reps and about 20 other pro. installer's that are my friends that have told me RF's love sealed. next your gonna tell me that bandpass is the way to go am i right.

keep it thumpin,

adam

Well I have did numerous diffrent installs with the z, HE, HE2, hx2 and power hx2 and found that the z he and he2 love sealed and perform so much more better and pick up more than ported. when you port them they seem to be all over the place not bad but if you go way off specs thats not always great I finally went through 8 diffrent box installs and found that the HE2 performs the best in a 1.4 box. Sounded the best in my opinion. But the hx2s and power hxs on the other hand do perform awsome in big vented enclosures kinda like the kicker L7s.

that is true i have to admit i was semi wrong in what i said. in big box's over the recommended sizes they can sound better than in sealed. the only thing is most people don't have the time and money to tune the sub and everything to the right freq. to get them to sound better in a vented. that's been my experience with it from what i've done with HX2's never installed a power HX2 though so it may be totally dif. for power hx2's versus the punch lines.

keep it thumpin,

adam

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.