Pulse from hooking rear speakers to input for amp.

Participant count
  • Participant list

sgt.catron

I recently bought a new p5002 amp and 2 12" Memphis dvc subs with a jl audio peer box. I had hooked it to my brother in-laws truck and it worked. He has his Rca cables in the back of his head unit. I am using stock and am trying to hook it up to rear speakers. But my problem is that when I go to hook it up I can only get the positive wire hooked up. When I hook up the negative wire up no music plays out of any of the door speakers. Now when I play it with the pos. Wire only hooked up it plays but I can't adjust gain past half otherwise it skips in and out. And at startup of car and when volume is down the subs have a pulse.

Is there anybody that can help me. I've done car audio before

But this is a problem I have no idea how to fix...???? Thanks

You can't connect speaker inputs to the RCA jacks. That amp doesn't have speaker level inputs, so you need a Line Output Converter (LOC).

if you are running stock units, you have to use a LOC.. unless its new enough that it comes with rca outs. with the LOC, you simply wire it into the speakers or behind the head unit, ground it out, then run your rcas from it to the amp

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.