pulling my hair out

No, that in itself shouldn't cause major voltage drop. What's your electrical like? Cables? Big 3? Power? Etc?
Factory 80 amp alt. Big 3 1awg. Kinetik hc1800. 1awg lead with 250 amp fuse to distribution block with dual 100amp fuses. 2 4awg outs that lead to 2 stacked kenwood kac9105ds. Pushing 1800 watts rms at 2 ohms to a single Pioneer ts-w30002d4 1000 watt rms. Voltage dropping below 10.5 on hard bass notes and major light dimming. Both amps are grounded at 2 different seatbelt bolts. Also master amp runs hotter runs hotter than slave amp, well the fan on the master is almost always on where the slave fan rarley comes on.

I don't use seatbelt bolts. I use grounding blocks as well but I always drill a new hole in the thickest part of a floor and use a bolt to sanded bare metal.
Seat belt bolts work just fine. What you are essentially doing creating another seat belt bolt, just taking a lot of time doing it.

Seat belt bolts work just fine. What you are essentially doing creating another seat belt bolt, just taking a lot of time doing it.
"work fine" is relative. we always recommend sanding a grounding point. in a car - that results in rust. you are weakening a safety restraint system.

the ring terminals used are soft metals, they weaken the seatbelt bolt location, introducing some play. worsened when more than one ring terminal is used. we don't recommend leaving seat belt bolts loose either.

i NEVER modify safety restraint systems. i also never use suspension bolts for ground points for many of the same reasons.

electrically, the bolts rely on painted welds. if properly sanded the connection can be good, but who mounts amps next to seat belt bolts? usually, the use of them results in longer ground wires.

the only reason they are used is because it is easier. easier != good

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.